For more than a century Ottawa Little Theatre has been, and continues to be, a vital part of the Ottawa theatre community. As the longest running community theatre in Canada, OLT remains as vibrant as it was during those early years.
What started as the Ottawa Drama League in 1913 founded by the University Women’s Club, became the social hub of Ottawa society during the decades that followed. A dedicated 200 members during the early years has grown to what we have today, an Ottawa arts icon. Some facts about Ottawa Little Theatre today:
- OLT produces 8 regular season plays and 1 summer play each year
- Between 50,000 and 60,000 patrons walk through our doors each season
- More than 300 volunteers donate an estimaged 75,000 hours each season
- 15,000 people visit OLT for alternative programming and rentals
- OLT is a registered Canadian charity #119071678RR0001
Although famous for the high quality and award winning productions, Ottawa Little Theatre is also a leader in theatre education. For decades, theatre students of all ages have enjoyed the drama camps and workshops OLT has offered – and our education department continues to grow and thrive.
By becoming an Ottawa Little Theatre Sponsor, you play a very important role in our illustrious history. We thank you sincerely for taking the time to consider your involvement and hope that you find an event that will indeed, put a Little Theatre in your life.
For more information on sponsorship of Ottawa Little Theatre contact Marketing and Fundraising Director, Amber McKegney or phone 613-233-8948 x 258.